I started working in the WiNS Laboratory from Fall 2017 semester under the supervision of Dr. Mooi Choo Chuah. Before joining Lehigh University, I completed my M.S. degree in Electrical Computer Engineering at University of Illinois at Chicago.
Ph.D. in Computer Science
2017 - Expected 2021, Lehigh University
M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering
2015 - 2017, University of Illinois at Chicago
Bachelor in Automation
2012- 2016, Northeastern University (China)
- Behavior Cloning for Self-Driving: Training a self-driving car to to learn from human driving behavior. [Blog] [Github]
- K-Means Clustering with GUI: A Matlab program to visualize the K-Means Clustering process with GUI and animation. [Video]
- Pedestrian Flow Simulator: A Matlab program to simulate the pedestrian flow of an enclosed area in Real-time animation. [Github]
- [Under Review] (2018). CHARGE: Concurrent Human Activity Recognition Engine.
- Xiaowen Ying, Xin Li, Mooi Choo Chuah (2018). LiveFace: A Multi-Task CNN for Fast Face-Authentication. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA).
My Chinese name is 英潇文(Ying, Xiaowen). If you are interested in how to pronounce “Xiaowen” like a Chinese speaker, you can click here to hear the audio. My friends in U.S. usually call me Shawn because it pronounces closely to my first name.
I’m a renaissance man with various interests. I like music and I’ve been playing piano for more than 15 years. I can play a little bit guitar as well. For fun, I sometimes compose my own music and share it to the internet. My works are mainly light music (New Age, Classical, etc.) but I still love listening to all kind of music.
I used to be the leader of the University Ballroom Dancing Group when I was an undergraduate student. Our dancing style was standard dancing and it was more competitively than socially. I also tried to learn some popular modern dance recently but I'm too busy as a Ph.D. student.